Style Exclusive with Miss K .


Style Exclusive with Miss K, the Artist, Model, Humanitarian and Fun Loving style queen!
Already profiled on this blog, this sexilicious, fun loving bundle of talent need no introductions. Suffix to say that she is a plus size model, artist, humanitarian and raw bundle of energy, jet setting over the world , while doing what she does best; which is having fun while working hard. In a bid to unravel the mystery surrounding her cheerful persona, Millarefashion cajoled an interview out of her. See excerpt from the interview below and never-viewed-before exclusive photos of Miss K behind-the-scene shoot photo from MAKOKO Village Lagos Nigeria.

Inspiration/ motivation?
I am not the kind of person that wouldn't go against what I like to do in life, and would never want to live my life being frustrated for doing a job i do not want or like to do. I believe there is one life, and we only got one shot at it, so might as well make it worth my while. I love life, I love people, I love the mother Earth but most of all I love God and believe there is a purpose to why he has put me on this Earth so I follow my path and just hope to reach and conquer each and every goal I set for myself. When you talk about Inspiration, life in general inspires me. You take a look around and you know there are new things to achieve but I won’t lie, my biggest inspiration has to be my mother and my grand mothers. I am so much like them. I believe in myself and in my ability in doing things and making things happen one way or another. Hard work is the key and seeing those women working hard before my eyes from generations to generations and achieving things in their life, has been the greatest inspiration. Beside that, I have always looked up to people that made a difference in this world, whether in the industry or not, like Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Mohamed Ali. There are so many inspirational people to inspire you from; they inspire me to want to leave a good legacy behind me before I disappear from the face of this Earth.
Why fashion/music for you?
Those too, have always been my first big LOVE. Being a creative person this is what I was always drawn to, even as a child. Let just say it was my Destiny! The truth of the matter is that, I simply adore and enjoy what I do because it comes with ease and the most minimal efforts. I do get that as a compliment a lot, but I also do it because I love doing it period. Let's not forget am also good at doing what I do but always humble enough to learn everyday from people who surround me, just so I can better my game. 
What made you focus your humanitarian sights on Africa?
Being Afro-Caribbean Myself, I could certainly not forget where I came from and therefore try to help any kind of ways where help is needed, for instance Africa. I'm just trying to be a Goodwill Ambassador for Africa in general, whether is has to do with Health care or water; I just do my little bits. whether it's helping charities, good causes or to help the less privileged, I always make time and take it very seriously and always try my best to stand up for Africa and Africans with Love.

 
Challenges / joys of being a plus size model?
Very-very busy, I hardly sleep, but still always try to get enough hours of sleep to keep my good looks going...(laughs)…but on a serious note...well, I’m excited because 2012 looks so amazing already. I get real busy, but i prefer it this way because it like being occupied. Besides and I can’t complain for it allows me to travel too.  It’s all good...pleasure and hard work!
Do you have an album out yet?
Being focused on modelling for a while now, am now focusing on releasing something very soon to embellish your ear drums. I have my latest projects which includes a song specially made for charity that reflects the love I have for Africa. The Charity Single is Titled: "Stand up for Afrika"..but  am so about to surprise everyone,  I’ve  got a few tricks under my sleeves that is going to be leaving a few speechless...
Behind-the-scene shoot photo from MAKOKO Village Lagos Nigeria by Micheal  Akini

 
What's Fashion to you?
Fashion represents who you are, it represents your moods, whether high or lows, and it's what works for you. The clothe don't wear you, you wear the clothes, you are the one in control of your body, So if you decide to wear something different, own it and be confident about it. You never know, you might just start a new trend right there. Whenever you desire to make a fashion statement, you take a risk, which might turn into your advantage at times or might not at others times. Regardless fashion should bring a smile to your face, that's just how I see it; you should be happy to dress up and favour what God gave you, for instance, your Body shape. Whether you have curves or not, just emphasize on your best body parts, so the ones you don't like so much won’t get so much attention.
Fave brand: Love me some CD, LV, and surely some YLS, specially Bathing suit from Monif C . I also like some normal brands; I just go towards things that works for me and my body shape.
Fave fragrance: I love strong fragrances, for I love to make an entrance when I walk somewhere and a perfume helps you do just that. Right now in my fragrance corner, you can find a few, such as Angel, Alien from Thierry Mugler,  X from JP Gaultier, Curious from B Spears, Baiser du Dragon from YSL, Cashmire from Chopar and so  on. Lol.
Fashion addiction:  I love my shoes! Am addicted to shoes! Matter of fact I just got myself a new pair of High Heels mini Black boots yesterday and I love them to bit. They were calling my name as soon as I saw them, so I couldn't resist.
Fashion peeves: Well like many things, Fashion is a risk that you have to take with yourself, every morning when you wake up, so I don't really have any peeves.  I feel people create their fashion, what I might not like on some, might work for others and vice versa.

Fashion accessory you can't travel without: Loves my corsets, for, no matter what your weight is, it gives you a miraculous shape. Also got to love my shoes, love my high heel, my red soles  and my  wedges. Wouldn’t travel without them for any reason.
Beauty routine:  I always wash my face before going to bed. Always remove my make-up, no matter how tired I am. I moisturise face and body every morning ,and for my body I usually love to use Tahitian Monoi Oil, which gives a glow to my skin but also smells wonderfully plus I can use it in my hair occasionally.
 What in the works for 2012?
Well, you can expect some wonderful things coming your way soon! My "stand up for afrika" RINGTONE AND CALLERTUNES is already available but very soon exclusive pictures of myself will be available for download, some more Tv-radio interviews, few Magazines exclusives, and ‘like James brown use to sing’ .. lots of sugar and spice to your soul to make you feel good coming straight from Miss k...(laugh)



Behind-the-scene shoot photo from MAKOKO Village Lagos Nigeria by Micheal  Akini






Comments

Popular Posts